Coco Chanel Mademoiselle
Welcome to Perfume and Aftershave reviews. On this website we research the products giving you interesting facts about different manufacturers but in this post its all about Coco Chanel Mademoiselle perfume. We also test the product to give you our honest opinion on how it worked and was it worth the money you are about to invest. This Coco Chanel Mademoiselle perfume is part of a huge collection of perfumes from the Chanel fragrance Labs and over time, we will be adding new posts from this perfume manufacturer.
We have split this article into different catagories beginning with the;
- Description of Notes
- What was our Findings
- Public Reviews
- Reasons to consider when purchasing your product
- Description of different types of Perfumes
- Where to store your fragrance
- Media Section
I hope you enjoy this article and if you did then please share and follow us for more updates on this website.
I hope you enjoy this article.
Chanel ( Gabrielle Bouheur Chanel) was born on the 19th August 1883 in Saumur, Maine-et-Loire, France and died on the 10th January 1971.
In 1910 the french fashion designer opened her first boutique (rented premises) at 21 Rue Cambon called Chanel Modes and by 1927 owned 5 premises on the Rue Cambon.
The famous logo above was designed by Coco herself in 1920. Although there were accusations of collusion with the Germans during occupation, I feel it was probably true but this lady was a survivor and would do anything to be one.
Coco Mademoiselle was created in the year 2001 by Jacques Polge, who was Head of perfumer at Les Parfums Chanel from 1978 to 2015.
During his time at Chanel he created the following;
1970 – Rive Gauche, Yves Saint Laurent | 1982 – Diva, Emanuel Ungaro |
1982 – Antaeus | 1984 – Coco | 1987 – Senso, Emanuel Ungaro |
1990 – Egoiste | 1996 – Allure | 2001 – Coco Mademoiselle
2002 – Chance | 2010 – Bleu de Chanel
2012 Coco Noir – with Christopher Sheldrake
Top Notes – Mandarin, Orange and Bergamot.
Middle Notes – Ylang Ylang Mimosa, Morning Rose, Florentine Iris, Italian Jasmine.
Base notes – Haitian Vetiver, White Musk, Tonka Bean, Indonesian Patchouli, bourbon vanilla, Opoponax.
Description of Notes
- Top notes: Also called the head notes. The scents that are perceived immediately on application of a perfume. Top notes consist of small, light molecules that evaporate quickly. They form a person’s initial impression of a perfume and thus are very important in the selling of a perfume. Examples of top notes include mint, lavender and coriander.
- Middle notes: Also referred to as heart notes. The scent of a perfume that emerges just prior to the dissipation of the top note. The middle note compounds form the “heart” or main body of a perfume and act to mask the often unpleasant initial impression of base notes, which become more pleasant with time. Examples of middle notes include seawater, sandalwood and jasmine.
- Base notes: The scent of a perfume that appears close to the departure of the middle notes. The base and middle notes together are the main theme of a perfume. Base notes bring depth and solidity to a perfume. Compounds of this class of scents are typically rich and “deep” and are usually not perceived until 30 minutes after application. Examples of base notes include tobacco, amber and musk.
What was our Findings
The scent of Coco Mademoiselle was a sweet and clean fragrance which was not too overpowering. At first, it was quite strong but over time it gently mellowed as the scent of white flowers and Tonka bean started to come through.
I’ve heard people say its an old women s perfume but strangely it was produced to target the 20-30 age group and it will suit any age group, young or old.
For best results its best worn on a cool day or an evening wear during a cool summer night while out for partying. Once you have applied the perfume that’s it for the day, yes the day, it lasts that long.
When you wear this perfume people will smell you and think “she’s wearing Coco, quality lady”. That’s it right there Quality. This perfume also comes in 2 sizes, very handy hand bag size and a 6.8fl oz bottle!